Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
The latest job openings at Allama Iqbal Open University were announced in the latest advertisement for Sufi-Studies, Seerat-Un-Nabi, and Iqbal Chairs. The Allama Iqbal Open University is planning to establish a Center of Excellence in Sufi Studies, Seerat-Un-Nabi, Iqbal Chair of Muslim Thoughts, and the Archiving of Pakistan’s Intelligentsia (Dialog with History – Series of Interviews).
The goal is to establish a knowledge center where Seerat-un-Nabi, Iqbal’s hidden corners of Sufism and Muslim philosophy, and the archives of Pakistan’s intelligentsia will be researched.
The SEERAT-UN-NABIS CHAIR was established to raise the analytical level of discussion in the Muslim scholarly community and to work for a consensus on concerns about which the Muslim Ummah is concerned, in keeping with Uswa-e-Hasanah. The chair will also focus on current problems faced by society and offer appropriate guidance based on life of Holy Prophet as a guide, warner, and bearer of holy good news for the Muslim Ummah.
IQBAL CHAIR ON SUFISM & MUSLIM THOUGHTS objective of this project is to help establish Sufi ideas in Europe using the principles of love, peace, humanism, equality, and to offer a platform for academics to debate on Muslim philosophical thinking of Allama Muhammad Iqbal through his published works.
To collect data on various views, DIALOGUE WITH HISTORY should be utilized. Nominations/applications are invited from Pakistani and foreign academics of international renown and renowned scholarly eminence to fill these distinguished Chairs. The Chair will provide leadership for trans-disciplinary applied research that focuses on the connections and interactions among the study’s subfields.
Applicants should have a broad understanding and knowledge of relevant subject/themes or combinations that would work within any of the research themes listed.
Qualification criteria & Experience:
The candidate/applicant should have a Ph.D. in the field, as well as 20 years of teaching or research experience in a University or post-graduate institution, or professional expertise in an Experienced organization with a good reputation.
The Scholar will be offered a competitive compensation package, which may be negotiated depending on academic background. The position will begin as a two-year term and may be extended for another two years.
How to Apply:
- Candidates or applicants are advised to submit their applications through the AIOU job portal at http://aiou.edu.pk and must submit a hard copy of the application with the intent letter, which should detail the proposed subject, photograph, and attested copies of necessary papers (i.e., educational and experience certificates, copy of passport for foreign candidates).
- A research proposal with a literature review and an outline of the study’s objectives is required. A CV with information on publications, as well as a summary of previous employment and work experience, should be submitted.
- Those already in Government Service should apply through proper channels. Incomplete/late applications will not be entertained. Only eligible candidates will be considered for the next phase of the process.
- Application processing fee @ Rs. 2500/- be deposited through AIOU Fee Challan.
- For appearing in an interview, no TA/DA will be accepted. AIOU has the right to modify the number of postings and to reject any or all applications without providing a reason. The information entered on the online application form is considered final. Any future claims that were not included in the online application form will not be entertained.
- The undersigned must receive all applications submitted in accordance with these instructions.